Rich Chocolate Cake and Truffle-Egg Nest
Tucked within nests of milk-chocolate shavings area unit truffle eggs tinted robin’s egg blue and dusted with aluminous luster. The related to patterned eggs area unit created by dipping additional truffles into dissolved chocolate swirled with blue food color. This cake best for Easter event.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped Ganache Frosting
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 pound bar of milk chocolate
- Truffle Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 3-inch-high, 7-inch-round cake pans with preparation spray; line bottoms with parchment paper. Coat parchment with preparation spray, and dirt with chocolate, sound out excess.
2. soften butter during a massive pan over medium heat. Add cocoa and java powders and water; whisk till dissolved. Whisk in sugar until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk until combined.
3. Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake till a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, concerning forty five minutes. Let cool 20 minutes. Unmold, and remove parchment; let cool.
4. Trim tops of cake layers level. Place one layer, cut facet up, on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Spread with 1/2 cup ganache frosting. Place remaining layer, cut side down, on top. Coat top and sides with remaining cup frosting. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
5. place tasteful chocolate, cream, and sirup into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of preparation water, and stir until smooth. Let cool 5 minutes. Pour over cake, so refrigerate till firm, about 15 minutes.
6. employing a chef’s knife, scrape chocolate bar at a 90-degree angle, forming enough curls and shards to measure 1 1/2 cups. Transfer to a horn-rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate till able to use.
7. Transfer cake to serving dish; type a nest with chocolate shavings on high, and fill with truffle eggs.
Happy Easter for all